What Is It?
DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal
steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands,
it travels into cells throughout the body where it is converted
into androgens, estrogens and other hormones. These hormones
regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive
function, and energy levels. The amount of each hormone to which
DHEA converts to depends on an individual’s biochemistry, age, and
sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily.*
Uses For DHEA
Immune Function: DHEA supplementation has been shown to
support healthy immune cell activity and immune system function in
Emotional Well-Being: Several studies suggest that DHEA can
enhance an overall sense of well-being. In one randomized placebocontrolled crossover trial, DHEA supplementation for six months
supported healthy physical and psychological outlook in men and
women between the ages of 40 and 70 years.*
Lean Body Mass: Some studies involving men and postmenopausal
women suggest that DHEA administration may support a healthy
ratio of lean muscle to fat mass.*
Sexual Function Support: In a six-month prospective, double-blind,
randomized, placebo-controlled study, DHEA supplementation
supported healthy male sexual function.*
What Is The Source?
The compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam and undergoes
a proprietary synthetic process to develop DHEA. The human body
cannot metabolize wild yam into DHEA. This process can only take
place in a laboratory. Pure Encapsulations® DHEA is micronized to
increase absorption. It is made with 99% pure, pharmaceutical grade
DHEA. Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose
fermentation and palm oil. Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from
• Pure Encapsulations® recommends 5–25 mg daily, with meals, or as
directed by a health professional.
• DHEA should only be used under the direction and supervision of a
• Practitioners are advised to test DHEA levels before making the
decision to commence supplementation, and to monitor levels
if supplementation is initiated, ensuring that proper levels are
• This product should not be taken by individuals with healthy levels
• DHEA is best utilized by individuals over 40, and should not be
used to enhance athletic ability or endurance.
Are There Any Precautions Or Potential Side
• NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
• DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
• KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
• Consult a physician or licensed qualified health professional before
using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast
cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low
“good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary
supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
• Individuals with hypertension should avoid this product.
• Individuals with thyroid disorder or those using thyroid hormone
may require monitoring.
• Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the
recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.